Our goal of taming a vacant lot and transforming it into a productive farm took a major step forward with the help of student volunteers from Johns Hopkins University yesterday. They lent us their energy and muscle as part of their school’s president’s service day. A great idea, and one I hope the school makes a tradition. The students helped us clear sod and dig up weeds as well as lay new raised beds. All the neighborhood residents were impressed and really enjoyed getting to know the students, as well as the chance to show off the revitalization efforts in our hood.
- Today’s harvest brought to you by frozen fingers and toes! But there’s something magical about harvesting green... fb.me/UWDitI0J 1 day ago
- It is a great week to give as you give thanks! Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to Whitelock... fb.me/AJyfwY17 3 weeks ago
- Last Farm Stand of the season Saturday! We have turnips, sweet potatoes, lettuce mix, spicy lettuce mix, kale,... fb.me/8ABQvEicc 4 weeks ago
- Hey friends Whitelock Farm is looking for a desk and filing cabinet, if you have one you'd like to donate let us know! 1 month ago
- Tonight! Come support urban farms! fb.me/9mPdXgrRD 1 month ago